Wednesday, February 6, 2013

“It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you watch them on a screen.”

Sometimes when I’m walking around town I get the feeling that everything around me is a prop. Like I’m on a movie set at Universal Studios. I expect to open up any of the newspaper dispensers and pull out a copy of the Gotham Gazette or see one of these guys                            
encouraging the performance artists. It happens at home too. I’ll pick up a box of cereal and it’ll be empty and I’ll be like “I knew I was on the Truman Show! That explains my doctor asking me to sign all those papers the other day, should’ve read the fine print.”Instead of, I possibly ate it all and forgot to recycle the box. I have my good days. But today I’ve been thinking about an idea called Simulation Theory. Basically it’s a theory that states we all exist within a computer simulation. And believe it or not there are some pretty compelling arguments for it. These are not them. These are mine, you decide; we’ve already created lives living within a simulated reality, which shows that it can, in fact, be done. Take the Sims. Sure the characters aren’t specifically cognizant but we are conscious of them and their lives and their world, so we are, in a way, an extension of them. And what is masonry if not Tetris with better music? Shit, on the job site you get to crank the Blimp or the Bone dude, not increasingly panic over time. But they're essentially the same thing.  Just one of my newest thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment